Built 1862 by Richland Monthly Meeting, Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlier meeinghouse c1723, was mile south at Station Road and region's first church and school; later rebuilt here 1730. Offshoot of Gwynedd Friends, North Wales. RMM Led early Abolition Temperance and Pacifism Advocacy. Dropped Segregation of women. From beginning school served Quaker and German communities. Revolutionaly War split families. Members founded Stroudsburg and sent minister overseas.