Built 1902 to replace a smaller station dating from the 1852 arrival of the North Penn Railroad. A classic example of Romanesque revival architecture, this largest station in Bucks County is listed on the National Historic Register. Has served a succession of lines before passenger service was suspended in 1981; North Penn Railroad, Philadelphia and Reading, Quakertown and Eastern, East Pennsylvania, Conrail and SEPTA. Gutted by a 1987 arson fire, now under lease and restoration by the Quakertown Train Station Historical Society. To volunter or contribute, call 215-536-7455.